Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Music Directors........Part 2


Sorry, for not posting this earlier guys! I was working on a couple of other posts which I have already posted.So lets move on to the other set of music directors, which are my favorites! :)

Mani Sharma- Mani Sharma has always give great tunes in both Telugu and Tamil. He has started out in Telugu first and then also started to score for Tamil.I always thoug
ht of him as a Telugu A.R Rahman even though A.R Rahman is like the master of music. Because most of his songs were hits whether they were mass or class,and

I really enjoyed them :) He hasn't sang for any of his songs at all. My favorite albums from him were Iddaru Mitrulu,Prematho Raa,Takkari Donga,Shah Jahan,Youth,Indra,Tagore,Adavi Ramudu,Samba,Gudumba Shankar,Arjun,Balu ABCDEFG,Athonokkade,Athadu,
Jai Chiranjeevi,Ranam,Style,Pokiri,Ashok,Stalin,Pokkiri(Tamil),Dubai Seenu,Chiruta,Athidi,Malaikottai,Toss,Ontari,Kantri,Parugu,Hero,Billa,Thoranai,Padi
kathavan,Sura,Maanja Velu,and Happy Happy Ga. The first time I actually paid attention to him was when he scored for Pokiri after that,when I listened to his old scores,then I noticed who he was :)

Chakri-His name might sound weird,but his tunes are top-notch. ;) I really appreciate his tunes,he seems to use effects with his songs like Vidyasagar. I don't know what it is but there is something different about his music. I really like his voice too,it sounds cool and icy.

Sometimes it can be low or high. He seems to always sing songs with fellow singer,Kousalya. My favorite Albums of him are : Andhrawala,Amma Nana O Tamil Ammayi,Soggadu,Desamuduru,Krishna,Maska,Raju Maharaju,Simha,Takkari,143 I miss you,Veede and Golimaar. So far he has only done Telugu Film songs. But they are really awesome songs :D







Harris Jayaraj-He is a music director in mostly Tamil and Telugu. Harris's compostions are mostly westernized just like some of Yuvan's but they are different. But he does do some Mass/Kuthu songs for his movies,he composes. Most of his songs sound deep, like they have deep tones,most of his singers sing with deep tones. That doesn't mean that his music is boring and dull, but that he can make a happy song with a deep toned singer. His tunes have always been enjoyable,but he is one of the few music directors who don't sing for their songs,just like Mani Sharma.Now my favorite albums of his are :
Saamy,Kakkha,Kakkha,Garshana,Chellame,Arul,Anniyan,Ghajini,Vettaiyaadu Velaiyaadu,Sainikudu,Pachaikili Muthucharam,Unnale Unnale,Bheema,Satyam,Varanam Aayiram,Ayan,Aadhavan,and Vasu.


Devi Sri Prasad- Devi is a pretty young music director, who has had ALOT of hits in his music career. He sings for his songs too,in every album he sings at least in one of his songs. Personally to me he seems like a show off but whatever I just like his music.His songs rock! :D I don't know how to explain his music so you just have to listen to it :D My favorite albums of him are : Venky,Manmudhu,Shankar Dada MBBS,Mass,Thirupaachi,Naa Alludu,Bunny,Bhadra,Andarivaadu,Sachein,Aaru,Pournami,Bommarillu,Rakhi,Aata,Shankar Dada Zindabad,Tulasi,Jalsa,Nuvvostanenta Nenuoddantana,Ready,King,Villu,Arya 2,Kanthswamy/Mallana,Adhurs,Singam,and Kutty. He proved that he can do classical music

just as well as his mass,and hip hop music with the telugu movie Pournami,which was great too :D.















Mickey J Meyer - Mickey has done only a few albums starting from 2005. He has done the movies Pothe Poni(2005),10th Class(2006),Notebook(2006),Happy Days(2007),Hare Ram(2008),Kotha Bangarau Lokam(2008),Ganesh(2009),Leader(2009),and Maro Charitra for Telugu. Even though he started out in 2005,I didn't take notice of his music till 2007 when hedid the music for the Blockbuster "Happy Days". Those songs were literally chartbusters back then in 2007. Since thenI really liked his music,like Hare Ram,Kotha Bangaru Lokam,and Leader. His music gives you a breezy feel with the instruments he uses. :)



Shankar-Eshaan-Loy- I knew the trio was in the industry for a long time but I never actually listened to their songs alot,but when I heard their tracks from Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Yavarum Naalam and ,Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam I fell for them! :D Their tunes are just so

upbeat and full of life! I love them :D . Shankar Madhavan's voice adds to the awesome tunes! His voice sounds peppery to me , but in a good way. :)



S.A Rajakumar- Rajakumar is a pretty old music director who has scored numerous in both Tamil and Telugu. His music is more in a melody type the with hard beats. He rarely did beats,, like for the Tamil movie Priyamanvale he did "Misses Kennedy",Kaikaluri Kani Pilla for Sneham Kosam.But I have liked his movies like Priyamanavale,Sneham Kosam,Kalisundam Raa,Poove Unakkaga,Vaseegara,Priyamana Tozhi,Vasantham,Daddy,and Nava Vasantham. Since I am not a much of a melody person I don't have much favorites of his,but still he is one of my favorite music directors :D. Still that doesn't mean I don't like melodies, I just don't like many of them.


Watch this space for more because this is just Part 2/4! :D 2 more parts to come!! :D

1 comment: