Monday, September 6, 2010

Chandramukhi



Chandramukhi. I love this movie a lot, because I am a typical Rajinikanth fan. :) He style is different from others, and he is the superstar of Mankind in my opinion. :) I have seen this movie more than 2o times in both Tamil and Telugu together, since 2005. :D

Cast:
Rajinikanth-Saravanan & King Vettayan
Jyothika- Ganga & Chandramukhi
Prabhu Ganesan-Senthilnathan
Nayantara-Durga
Vineeth-Viswanathan & Gunasekharan

Story:
Here is the story cause its kind of hard to explain lol :D :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandramukhi

The show stealer was definitely Jyothika for her performance as Ganga, who has had a troubled childhood,and also who suffers from split personality, transforming into Chandramukhi. Her huge eyes were the highlight! :D She danced very well, for someone who isn't trained in it. :) Of course, Raijnikanth was awesome!!!! :D His opening scene was sooo cool :D I loved his performance has a doctor :D So, professional and real. :) Prabhu was good too, he was just supporting , same with Nayantara. But, man she is LUCKY! She got a chance to act with Rajini in her fifth film! :D I miss the old Nayantara, who was homely, I really admired her back then. After I saw Vallavan I was like WOAAHHHHH!!!! I was shocked!!!! :( Then she lost a bunch of weight, and started to look like a skeleton. I thought she was more cuter and prettier when she had a little weight on. Vadivelu was hilarious! I mean, Rajini and him made a perfect comedy pair! lol :D It was soooo freaky when Rajinikanth said the dialogue: "Laka Laka Laka Laka Laka Laka....." I thought wow, how does he do it soo fast? :D


Music: The music was done by Vidyasagar, one of my favorite tamil music directors! All the songs were awesome, my picks were Kokku Para Para, Konja Neram Konja Neram,and Annanodda Pattu. Kokku Para makes me want to sing soo loud whenever I listen to it :D I really liked how the female singer Rajalakshmi sang the song, it was so upbeat. :D Konja Neram was different from the typical lovey-dovey songs :D, I think Asha's voice added magic :D. Annanodda Pattu was a hip party song lol :D It made me want to get up and dance :D I thought the dance was well choreographed for Devuda Devuda, Kokku Para, and Annanodda Pattu :D I mostly loved the dance for Kokku Para and Annanodda Pattu, they made me want move around alot :D.

I couldn'nt find the Tamil version Annanodu Pattu so I posted the Telugu version Annagari Maata :)

I still have to see the original of it which was Manichitrathazhu, made in 1993 starring Mohanlal,Shobana,Suresh Gopi, and Vinaya Prasad. Alot of people told me its good and I should watch it, so I will once I get a chance to get the DVD. :) I also have seen the hindi version Bhool Bhuliya starring Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Shiney Ahuja, and Ameesha Patel. But trust me it is NOTHING compared to the south ones! It really bored me, but I forced myself to watch it so I would know how it was. I only saw like half of the Kannada version on Apthamitra starring Late Vishnuvardhan,Late Soundarya, Ramesh Aravind, and Prema. I was watching it at night, so I kind of got a little scared because it was more scary than the Tamil one, well thats what I thought. Apathmitra was the first remake of the Manichitrathazhu. Apparently it was also remade into Bengali as Rajmohol/Rajmahal.Chandramukhi was also dubbed into Hindi with the same title.


Chandramukhi broke the record of a 1944 tamil movie Haridas running for 800 days!

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right...Manichithrataazhu was the best...

    ReplyDelete