Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surya Marathon :)

Believe it or not, all I watched this whole week were Surya movies! ( I had break). Now, I am like a huge fan of him. But still a huge fan of Prithvi,but in Malayalam :) Surya's eyes say everything,RGV was right he has power in his eyes, where he can emote: http://rgvzoomin.com/mr-eyes/ . Now here are movies I watched this week of Surya and ONLY him. :D In order from most fav,and down...


1. Sillunu Oru Kaadhal
This movie will always be my most fav movie of Surya,because this THE movie that I started liking him a ton :) Love his romantic image. Here is my post on it: http://scooponthesouth.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-love-sillunu-oru-kaadhal.html . Though it wasn't a hit, its one of those special movies for me. :) Love the music[A.R. Rahman] too especially the songs Munbe Vaa and Machakarri, the lyrics are wonderful[Vaali]





2.Vaaranam Aayiram 
Surya was awesome in this one, especially playing the role of a teen to an old dad! WOW! He had to go through a lot of physical strain to lose weight for the roles,especially the teens one. He played the role of Krishnan who was the father of Surya(played by himself). But he carried his roles through the film, wonderfully. I don't think anyone else could have done better! :) My fav pair in the film was Surya-Divya, they were so adorable :D Divya also proved she could match up to him. :) I loved how she went to any extent to get Surya, even joined the army :) The film even earned National awards, which it deserved :)
My post on VA: http://scooponthesouth.blogspot.com/2010/11/varanam-aayiram.html





3. Aayutha Ezhuthu 
Surya's role of Micheal Vasanth in this movie was very powerful. His role was based on George Reddy a student leader in the 1960s-1970s. He was very energetic and convincing in his role. He was also aggressive yet, sweet and smart/clever :) This role of his will always be one of most favorite roles, because it kind of reflects what Surya is in real life not just reel life. I liked the pairing of Surya and Esha, though she did look older than him.It was cool to see her in Tamil! :D To me it sounded as if Esha dubbed for herself, cause the way she talked in Tamil was weird. I LOVE this movie a lot now so I watched it twice this week :D My fav songs were Nenjam Ellam( Fell in love with lyrics),Yakkai Thriri,and Jana Gana Mana.
My post on AE: http://scooponthesouth.blogspot.com/2010/11/aayutha-ezhuthu.html




4. Vel
I liked this film because it was targeted towards the family audience which made it enjoyable,with comedy,action,romance and everrytthinggg. :D This was Surya's second time in a dual role as Vetrivel(vel) and Vasudevan(Vasu). Surya-Asin were just soo cute! :D Love their pair, I think they looked better than Ghajini cause Asin looked a little older and better for Surya. I liked Yuvan's mass music :D My favs were Onnapola ,Kovakarra Kiliye,and Ottraikannale. Ottrakannale was such a beautiful song, reminded me of Suttrum Vidi from Ghajini. But, I do wonder if Surya had a grudge against her during the shooting of Vel because of the blunder about Sillunu Oru Kaadhal.




5.Aadhavan 
This is another one of the films I liked because again, it was for the family audience, which K.S Ravikumar specializes in. :D But, he seems to do the same kind of twists over and over again. Though this was a good movie, it was easy to guess the twist in the movie,which I won't say cause some of you might not have watched the movie.It was fun to see Surya be all evil one minute,and all funny and nice the next. :D I enjoyed all the parts that were taken in the house,where Suryas real family lived,it was hilarious. :D It was pretty cool to see yesteryear actress/heroine Saroja Devi back on screen, her role was more of a comedy character, with emotional elements. :D Nayan looked pretty in the film, made a pretty okay pair with Surya. :) They looked great in the songs Vaarayo Vaarayo,and Hasii Fisile( my favs). 




6.Ayan
OKAY, Surya was EXTREAMLY stylish in this film! Made my jaw drop :D The part where he puts the diamonds around the water bottle,and on his head, is like WOAH DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING! His English actually sounds cool, best I have heard after Prithvi's it doesn't have a strong accent to it. His style is what made him up in this movie. :D Him and Tammana were a good pair, if only she was a bit taller. :P :D Loved them in the song Nenje Nenje, very sweet. A classy film I must say. :)


7.Singam-( Surya's 25th movie!)
Mass with Class is what describes this movie! :D We saw the rural Surya,but when he comes to the Chennai he is very classy with those t-shirts and jeans, not to forget the sun glasses. :) The film was good, but I was getting annoyed when he opened his mouth like a lion! He looked funny :D But, he is one of my most fav actors, so I forgive him ;) The Surya-Anushka pair was BEAST! They looked AWESOME together! SOOO CUTE ! Though Anushka is a bit taller than Surya, they looked fine. :) My fav songs were Kadhal Vandhale,En Idhayam,and She Stole my Heart. :) But from Anushka's acting in Tamil films, I can tell she does not know Tamil well at all. I say this because,she does not emote well when she acts in Tamil films,while in Telugu she is full of emotions in any film. Or maybe its just the dubbing artist of Anushka, but I really don't think so. She was better in Singam acting wise than in Vettaikaran or Rendu.  What I liked about this film was that it was reasonable, it didn't have stupid, unnecessary things in between.
One of my fav dialogues hehe :D : 



8.Mounam Pesiyadhe 
In this we see Surya as a guy who believes only in true love,and thinks all other lovers are non-true. He is brilliant in this role, because the role totally suits him and his looks. lol :D This was Trisha's second role as a heroine, and she was ok. She had unnecessary emotions at times, which were annoying. I liked Laila's cameo, it was cute and touching. :) Surya's eyes were so cool, ( Yes, I know they are contacts), but still! :D



9. Ghajini
One of Surya's Blockbuster films,and one of my favs! Surya was just AMAZING in the role of Sanjay Ramaswamy , when he had short term memory loss! The body language was like WOW. Asin was great too, I think she was only 20 when she did that role, so wow :D. This was THE movie where we saw Nayan change to a glamour doll, which shocked me, after I saw her in Chandramukhi. She was good for her role, not too much, not too less. But I thought the 'X machi Y machi' was not needed. lol :D It was sad to see Sanjay not tell Kalpana that he was actually Sanjay. :( Kalpana did not deserve to die, it was too sad. But overall a good movie. :) My fav songs were: Sutrum Vizhi(became such a HIT in both TN and AP!),Rahatulla,Rangola,Oru Maalai,and X-Machi Y Machi. So yeah basically all of them :D 


10. Unnai Ninaithu
This was Surya's 9th movie,in which he starred with Sneha and Laila. This movie was funny,romantic,realistic,and emotional. Surya's characters name was Surya :D I really enjoyed the comedy track of Surya and Ramesh,Ramesh was hilarious :D It was really different seeing Surya then and now look at him! :D I liked the Surya-Sneha pairing a lot, they looked good together, I don't know why, they just did. Surya was such a softie in this movie, cute to see him like that. :) I liked the way the movie ended when he doesn't say anything just walks away with Sneha. :) 



11. Aaru
Surya was great through out the film,his acting, the way he talked,body language, so natural. But the story didn't seem as strong to me. I liked it but, most of the movie was fighting( dishyum dishyum!). Surya played a harsh,mean guy outside, but a sensitive guy at heart,Aaru. Trisha plays his lady love,Maha. I love how Aaru takes revenge on his use to be boss, cause he SOO deserves it! MUAHHA :D But at the same time its very emotional for him to do so. Maha is the one who falls for Aaru first, I love the scene where she goes up to Aaru's place and tells him she loves him :D SO cute :) The music was very massy by DSP my favs were: Thottuta,Nenjum Ennam,and Soda Bottle. 

Yes the title is weird but its the proposing scene: 



Did I sound like I saw these movies for the first time? Well, no I have seen all the movies above before a ot of times. I have seen 22/26 of Surya's movies :)  When I was talking about how his role in AE reflects him in real life, I was talking about the Agaram Foundation Surya found : http://www.agaram.in/index.php?pollId=7  


Surya keeps proving with every movie that he is one exceptional actor! :) And an exceptional person, with each day :)

2 comments: