Monday, November 22, 2010

Vaaranam Aayiram...


I love this movie a ton :) Its definitely a milestone in Surya's career and my Tamil movie watching career :) Its one of the best movies I have seen!

Its the life story of Surya(Surya) until his father Krishnan(Surya) dies. Surya narrates right when he gets the news of his father passing away, so the movie is Flashback. Journey of Happiness, Sadness, Madness, Tears, Excitement, Love,Action,EVERYTHING.
Every Single Scene in this movie is really a masterpiece......

Its just too hard to talk about this movie, there is so much to this masterpiece. I really don't think anyone else could have done better than Surya in both the characters of Surya and Krishnan. He did so many things to fit into the character of Surya A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Sameera was good in the role of Meghana, but for some reason her past roles from other movies irk me. If you have heard about her past movies or seen them you would understand. Sometimes, past movies off actors/actress haunt my
mind especially if they were not right. Simran was
awesome, though she sorta looked old even in the parts where she was supposed to look young. But then it was hard to see her in a mothers/ old role. Especially that makeup! ugh, but the role demanded it so I don't blame her. :) Divya was my fav, no doubt. She was soo cute next to Surya :D She acted well too as Priya, She dubbed for herself too, I didn't hear a flaw in her Tamil either :D She was great in the scene where she proposes to Surya at the bus stop :). One of my fav scenes was when Divya shy's away seeing Surya when she sings Annul Malae and he comes down stairs :D I thought it was shot in a cute manner. :) I think Sneha could been better, though I really liked Divya in the role of Priya. I say this because Sneha has more of a homely appeal, which Priya's character had.  My fav pair out of the three was Surya-Divya! They looked adorable :) :D

Gautham Menon is truly the master of love, the romantic scenes in any movie , not just VA are shot in an exotic and sweet manner. Gautham definitely Rocks! :) Some of the best scenes were: The train scene between Surya and Meghana, Meghana proposing to Surya, Priya shying away from Surya, Priya proposing to Surya, the song Annul Melae, The sequences between Surya and his father Krishnan. Did I miss any?? 
Harris Jayaraj, great music, no doubt at all :D Out of the seven tracks my favs were : Yethi Yethi, Annul Maelae,Ava Enna,Mudhinam Parthaney, and Adiye Kolluthey :) But Annul Malae tops the list from VA. :) I felt that the tunes were very westernized so I really liked Annul Malae,Yethi Yethi,and Ava Enna more.   I still do not understand why Gautham Menon and Harris Jayaraj have split. :( They were wonderful together...(not in the wrong context!)








DVD Stores: 
         Telugu: http://www.bhavanidvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=2680


Hope its one of your favorite movies too! :D 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Bangaram, I disagree with the Sneha statement. Yes, she has a homely appeal but this is a girl next. Someone who grew up in front of him. That doesn't need to be homely. She actually seems like a fun character but down played thats all. Personally, I loved the Meghana sequence and Priya going to see Surya at the academy.

    Damnnit, now I gotta find my copy of it.. lol!
    Nice review bangaram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow maybe ur right :D and yes I liked those 2 scenes too :)

    ReplyDelete