Saturday, April 9, 2011

No big changes in ‘Nanban’: Shankar

One has to come to a conclusion that ‘Nanban’ will be a faithful remake of ‘Three Idiots’, going by what Shankar has to say about this pet project of him. “We have not made any big changes to the script,” he says.

“When we were working for Enthiran near Pune, the shooting had to be canceled for some unavoidable reasons. So we watched Three Idiots at a nearby theatre,” says Shankar, recalling how the seed was sown.

He adds: “The script pulled me towards it like a magnet and I was thoroughly impressed watching the movie. Immediately I thought of acquiring the remake rights. Later I myself decided to direct it in Tamil.”

Shankar, who feels that the original script itself was too good, says, “So we didn’t make any big changes, but for some minor alterations. Moreover, there would be a general tendency among the audience to compare both the versions if there are many changes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment