Sunday, April 17, 2011

Teams I'm Supporting This IPL

After becoming a staunch cricket fan,I thought why not watch the IPL? So I'm supporting four teams! :D : Chennai Super Kings,Deccan Chargers,Mumbai Indians,and Pune Warriors.
1.Chennai Super Kings


Were Champions of IPL-2010
Dhoni is the captain for the fourth consecutive year
I'm supporting this team for my most favorite cricketer Dhoni :)

Players:

Batsmen
Subramaniam Badrinath
George Bailey
Michael Hussey
Abhinav Mukund
Suresh Raina
Anirudha Srikkanth
K Vasudevadas
Murali Vijay
All Rounders
Dwayne Bravo
Faf du Plessis
Albie Morkel
Scott Styris
Ganapathi Vignesh
Wicket Keepers
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain)
Wriddhinam Saha
Bowlers
Ravichandran Ashwin
Doug Bollinger
Ben Hilfenhaus
Shadab Jakati
Nuwan Kulasekara
Suraj Randiv
Joginder Sharma
Tim Southee
Sudeep Tyagi
Yo Mahesh
Support Staff
Coach : Stephen Fleming
Coach : Steve Rixon
Bowling Coach : Andy Bichel
Physical Trainer: Gregory King
Physiotherapist : Tommy Simsek
Manager : Radha Krishnan


NAMMA CHENNAI SUPER KINGS 'KU WHISTLE PODU!! :D
2. Deccan Chargers


Were the champions of IPL-2009
Kumar Sangarakara is the Captain
I'm supporting Deccan Chargers because it's sorta like my home team,since I'm Telugu myself and my parents are from Hyderbad :)

Players:


Batsmen:
Bharat Chipli
Shikhar Dhawan
JP Duminy
Ishank Jaggi
Michael Lumb
Chris Lynn
Dwaraka Ravi Teja
Jayadev Shah
Sunny Sohal
Cameron White (Vice-Captain)
Arjun Yadav
All Rounders:
Daniel Christian
Ashish Reddy
Wicket Keepers:
Kumar Sangakkara (Captain)
Kedar Devdhar
Bowlers:
Akash Bhandari
Manpreet Gony
Ishan Malhotra
Amit Mishra
Pragyan Ojha
Anand Rajan
Ankit Sharma
Ishant Sharma
Harmeet Singh
Dale Steyn
Rusty Theron
Support Staff:
Head Coach: Darren Lehmann
Assistant Coach: Kanwaljit Singh
Assistant Coach (Fielding): Mike Young
Team Manager: Paul Skinner
Physiotherapist: Dr Sean Slattery
Trainer: David Bailey


3. Mumbai Indians


Sachin Tendulkar is the captain of the team :)
I'm supporting the team for the master Sachin! :D
But I think the name is a bit too normal. :P

Players:


Batsmen:
Sachin Tendulkar (Captain)
Aiden Blizzard
Sarul Kanwar
Rohit Sharma
Tirumalasetti Suman
S K Yadav
All Rounders:
James Franklin
Moises Henriques
Kieron Pollard
Rajagopal Sathish
Andrew Symonds
Wicket Keepers:
Davy Jacobs
Ambati Rayudu
Aditya Tare
Bowlers:
Harbhajan Singh
Abu Nechim
Dilhara Fernando
Lasith Malinga
Munaf Patel
Dhawal Kulkarni
Ali Murtaza
Pawan Suyal
Yuzvendra Chahal
Support Staff
Captain - Sachin Tendulkar
Coach - Robin Singh
Assistant Coach - Paras Mhambrey
Physio - Nitin Patel
Fielding - Jonty Rhodes


4.Pune Warriors


This is a new team, started in 2011 :)
The captain is Yuvraj Singh
I'm supporting this team for Yuvraj cause he is one of my favorite cricketers :)

Players:


Batsmen:
Mohnish Mishra
Graeme Smith
Manish Pandey
Callum Ferguson
Dheeraj Jadhav
Abhishek Jhunjhunwala
Harpreet Singh
Harshad Khadiwale
All Rounders:
Yuvraj Singh (Captain)
Mithun Manhas
Jesse Ryder
Angelo Mathews
Mitchell Marsh
Nathan McCullum
Ganesh Gaikwad
Sachin Rana
Wicket Keepers
Robin Uthappa
Tim Paine
Eklavya Dwivedi
Bowlers:
Rahul Sharma
Alfonso Thomas
Murali Karthik
Ashish Nehra
Wayne Parnell
Shrikant Wagh
Jerome Taylor
Kamran Khan
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Shrikant Mundhe
Imtiyaz Ahmed
Support Staff:
Director - Deep Dasgupta
Captain - Yuvraj Singh
Coach - Geoff Marsh
Assistant Coach - Praveen Amre
Assistant Coach - Dermot Reeve

I really think Kumar Sangakarra has to "step up the plate", cause DC is really sucking :( While my other fav teams are doing great :D

Though I support this many teams, my heart is always with Chennai Super Kings and Deccan Chargers. So I don't mind which one wins out of these :) May 1st is huge for me, cause it's CSK vs.DC! :D
But it's fine with me if any of these 4 teams win! So good luck to all of them! :D I'm super excited, cause this is my first time supporting IPL teams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment