Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Reaction to Delhi Belly

Just came back from Delhi Belly, my reaction: OMFG. I was personally shocked to see stuff like profanity and sex on screen. Was NOT expecting that, but at the end we all came out laughing, so we had an awesome time. But I must say, I appreciate Aamir Khan for breaking his stereotype of only decent films. This was a breakthrough for him as a producer. We all enjoyed his cameo at the end! :D Also, the type of movie,Delhi Belly was should be appreciated too. It felt like watching an American Comedy flick on screen, except for the Indian actors and accents. :P :D Totally different from the movies coming out know. Most of it was in English, Im yet to discover why. To say the truth, my friends and my jaw were dropping in many of the scenes,cause we sure didn't know what we were going to face when we went to see the movie. But, the most of it was hilarious! I seriously don't think I have ever laughed this hard for ANY OTHER movie!! All three of the main characters: Imran Khan,Kunal Roy Kapur and Vir Das, were my favs! They were so funny! :D Once again, I was not expecting Shenaz Treasurywala, the last time I saw her was in a Telugu movie, back in 2001. The most used profane word was Fuck. Couldn't they have thought of more words? :P To conclude, I kind of think they tried to make it like an American movie, in which they succeeded but in a awkward way. I recommend this movie to people who are mature to handle the content. :) Oh, and PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR PARENTS. 


My Rating: 4.5/5 

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It was outrageously hilarious. Even though profanity was present profusely throughout the whole entire movie, I cannot help but praise Aamir Khan on his guts to actually release this kind of movie in conservative India. You've gotta admit that this man has "chutzpah" to ruin his flawless reputation and breaking the stereotype of his movies. But I do worry though, in a film industry like Bollywood what new inspiration will this give to future filmmakers?

    ReplyDelete